About Translatørbureauet Eunike Hansen
I am a Certified Translator and Interpreter of English and established my translation business in 1996. Since then I have been providing full-time services to my clients. My core qualifications are legal translation and interpreting.
In 1992 I was appointed a Certified Interpreter and Translator of English, based on a Master’s Degree in Translating and Interpreting obtained earlier that year.
The course programme leading to the Master’s Degree included the following subjects:
- Legal translation from Danish into English and vice versa
- Studies of the legal system of England compared with that of Denmark
- Studies of various fields of law, including the law of property, the law of persons, the law of contract, trusts, the law of succession and legal procedure of both English and Danish law
- Translation of financial texts, such as financial statements, banking documentation, accounting
- Background studies of the financial systems of England and Denmark
- Advanced English grammar
- Consecutive interpreting and simultaneous interpreting practice
- Technical translation and background studies
- Member of Danish Authorised Translators and Interpreters (professional organisation) since 1992 and board member from 2015 to 2021
- Registered on the list of interpreters maintained by the Danish National Police since 1992
Passion for quality in language, loyalty, personal integrity, commitment, reliability and trustworthiness
You can safely leave the translation of complex texts to me. In the case of major assignments I sometimes set up an ad hoc team of translators who are all personally known to me. I check and perform quality control on all aspects of work. My professional indemnity insurance has never been used.